17 April, 2013
BrightRoll and Equinix Introduce Video Advertising Industry’s Fastest Real-time Bidding Solution
Partnership sparks dynamic video ad ecosystem; new low-latency offering eliminates time-outs, improves campaign performance and boosts ad revenue
SAN FRANCISCO and REDWOOD CITY, Calif. — April 17, 2013 — Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, and BrightRoll, the largest independent video advertising platform, today announced they are bringing to market VideoRTB+, an ultra-low-latency video advertising real-time bidding (RTB) solution, which is only available inside Equinix data centers. In addition, Equinix and BrightRoll will work together to promote and build Equinix’s Ad-IX™ ecosystem, which connects ad exchanges with ad markets for efficient and timely delivery of digital advertising.
VideoRTB+ is the fastest RTB offering in the digital video advertising industry. Real-time bidders must analyze ad impression information from exchanges and submit bids within a fraction of a second. Reducing latency helps buyers by increasing their ability to successfully respond to more bid requests within the required time limit. The VideoRTB+ solution increases the ability of real-time bidders to successfully review, analyze and bid on video ad inventory, which translates into better performance for advertisers and increased revenue for companies in the video advertising ecosystem.
Highlights / Key Facts
- According to Forrester, RTB is the fastest growing segment of the online video advertising market, forecasted to grow more than 70 percent in 2013. Successful RTB buys require companies to receive, analyze and bid on individual ad impressions within 100 milliseconds. Latency, or the amount of time it takes for information to travel from the exchange to the bidder and back, frequently limits a buyer’s ability to successfully bid on inventory.
- VideoRTB+, the first-to-market, ultra-low-latency video solution from BrightRoll, available only at Equinix, significantly reduces latency by offering a direct connection between bidders and the BrightRoll Exchange (BRX). This enables BRX customers to access data faster and bid successfully on more video ad impressions.
- BRX is the industry’s largest, most trusted video ad marketplace bringing buyers and sellers together in real time. With billions of video ads served monthly across PCs, smartphones, tablets and connected TV devices, BRX enables advertisers to reach specific audiences efficiently and at scale while ensuring campaigns are executed across high-quality, brand-safe sites.
- VideoRTB+ is available exclusively to buyers on BRX and only inside Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers. The initial BrightRoll deployment is available in Equinix’s Silicon Valley and Ashburn data centers, with plans for international expansion across Platform Equinix™.
- Equinix continues to develop new ecosystems where the company is uniquely positioned to accelerate the performance of a growing digital supply chain. The Ad-IX ecosystem will enable efficiencies in the digital advertising market, which is evolving from traditional ad purchasing to include ad exchanges that help buyers match inventory to viewers in real-time. In addition to VideoRTB+, both Equinix and BrightRoll will promote and grow the Ad-IX ecosystem inside Equinix data centers.
- The new ultra-low latency video solution will be highlighted at today’s BrightRoll Video Summit in New York. Now in its third year, the event brings together more than 250 industry experts to discuss how the latest trends and technologies increase efficiencies in the digital video advertising industry.
- Christopher Amen-Kroeger, SVP engineering, BrightRoll:
“BrightRoll is building the technology infrastructure to address the rapidly growing video ad economy, which includes a shift toward programmatic buying and RTB. Like the high-frequency financial trading markets, speed is an essential factor in successful programmatic buying. With the launch of VideoRTB+, we offer our customers the opportunity to boost their competitive edge with a direct connection to our platform inside Equinix data centers.”
- Chris Sharp, general manager, Cloud & Content, Equinix:
“The video advertising market is primed for dramatic growth in the coming years, and Equinix’s Ad-IX ecosystem helps key players in the real-time bidding industry locate their infrastructure in close proximity to achieve more effective bids on the right type of inventory. Together with BrightRoll, our goal is to optimize online ad transactions by centralizing this community in key data hubs around the world.”
BrightRoll is the largest independent video advertising platform for reaching audiences across web, mobile and connected TV. The company powers digital video advertising for the world’s largest brands including 90 percent of the top 50 US advertisers and 17 of the top 20 advertising technology companies. The platform enables advertisers to reach 4 in 5 video viewers online and consistently ranks among the top two video ad platforms in ads served. As a result, BrightRoll technology collects and analyzes hundreds of billions of data points monthly enabling real-time decisions that drive ROI for advertisers. To learn more, visit www.brightroll.com.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.