17 March 2014
Equinix Appoints Sainti Li as Managing Director for China
Thirty-year ICT industry veteran to drive business development and lead next phase of expansion in China
HONG KONG - 18 March 2014 - Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data centre company, today announced the appointment of Sainti Li as managing director of Equinix China. Li joins Equinix with more than 30 years of technical support, sales and marketing, product management, business development and general management experience in the information and communications technology industry. During this time Li worked for global companies such as IDT Telecom, AT&T, IBM, Fujitsu-ICL and Siemens Nixdorf. Equinix currently operates four International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centres and one disaster recovery centre in Shanghai and intends to further the company's presence in China under Li's leadership.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Li will be focused on educating Chinese companies about Equinix's value proposition and demonstrating how they can leverage the company's data center services in China and expertise in helping companies with global expansion. Equinix has already assisted a number of companies, including ChinaCache and Tencent, to expand their services overseas.
- Most recently, Li was director of Australia retail sales at IDT Telecom Asia-Pacific, where he was responsible for international voice calling products for the consumer segment, launching a new consumer product and distribution platform called Boss Revolution.
- Prior to IDT, he spent over 15 years at AT&T Asia-Pacific and IBM China-Hong Kong, focused on global network and data center outsourcing services, selling to global multinational companies. He held a variety of management positions at the company, including general manager and sales vice president of AT&T Greater China Group, in which he oversaw operations in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- While with AT&T, he spent five years establishing Shanghai Symphony Telecom, the first ever foreign-Sino telecom services joint venture, a partnership among China Telecom, AT&T and Shanghai Information Investment.
- Samuel Lee, president, Equinix Asia-Pacific:
"We are pleased to announce the appointment of Sainti Li as our new managing director of China. In the last few years, we have invested significantly in China and Li is well-suited to further our growth, as demand from global customers looking to expand into the region continues to rise. Li's deep industry expertise in IT and telecommunications, as well as his vast experience working in the China market, is pivotal to accelerating our growth and helping our clients succeed."
- Sainti Li, managing director, Equinix China:
"With the rise of cloud, mobility and big data in China, as well as Shanghai's goal to become an international financial center by 2020, I look forward to continuing to grow Equinix's financial, cloud and enterprise business. China is one of the fastest growing markets in Asia-Pacific and a priority market for many multinational companies and I'm eager to bring my experience to this new position."
Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.