Expand. Evolve. Grow on Platform Equinix ›
Gain transformative access to all your people, locations, clouds and data with our expanding global footprint.
Equinix Australia Data Centres
Equinix recently acquired Metronode to become the largest data centre provider in Australia. The acquisition has provided us with a national presence, enabling customers to deploy, connect and scale their digital infrastructure on Platform Equinix™ across the top 6 Australian markets of Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Canberra, Adelaide and Brisbane.
- Multi-cloud connectivity with the largest choice of cloud providers in the market (275+). Equinix is the only data centre provider in Australia that offers direct connection to AWS, Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud.
- 155+ network providers
- The most interconnected group of data centres in Australia (Equinix Sydney Campus)
- Direct link to major submarine cables on both east and west coasts – Southern Cross, Hawaiki and PIPE Pacific (Sydney), Australia Singapore Cable (Perth)
- Financial services firms converge on Equinix to access the core electronic trading and capital markets in Australia
- Hosts the growing electronic payments industry, including payment gateways, aggregators, banks and network providers
- Emerging services such as IPTV and online gaming capitalising on interconnection to deliver superior quality of experience
With the Metronode acquisition, Equinix now provides two campus locations in both Sydney and Melbourne for customers who need network-rich redundant options within those metros. Platform Equinix is available in the top 6 markets of Australia, giving more businesses the direct and secure connectivity they need as they shift to digital business models.
The interconnectivity options, national coverage and global footprint of Equinix enables businesses to expand quickly to reach a global customer base. We can help get you up and running with a rich portfolio of services, from expert consultations with our Global Solutions Architects, who can design and optimise your colocation and network services, to our Smart Hands™ support team for remote data centre management.