September 8, 2014
Tapjoy to Leverage Equinix for Hybrid Cloud Deployment
Leading mobile app-tech company chooses the Equinix Washington, D.C. data center to scale global business architecture, reduce operating costs and enhance analytics capabilities
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Sept. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, and Tapjoy, a global leader in mobile app-tech and monetization, today announced that Tapjoy will pursue a hybrid cloud deployment within Equinix's International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center in Washington, D.C. (DA4), leveraging the access and multiple connectivity options that Equinix provides for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect cloud service. The move is part of Tapjoy's strategy to scale its global business operations, strengthen the company's data analytics capabilities, realize cost savings in the cloud and establish closer proximity to key mobile advertising customers and partners.
Equinix's Washington, D.C. data center campus, located in Ashburn, Virginia, is the largest Equinix data center campus in the world and plays a significant role in the company's expanding footprint of more than 100 data centers worldwide. By choosing this campus to house its hybrid cloud infrastructure, Tapjoy has access to the largest Internet exchange point in North America to help rapidly grow its business - with over 400Gbps at peak traffic as well as connectivity to rich business ecosystems comprised of over 10,000 cross connects.
Highlights / Key Facts
- As a leader in mobile app-tech and monetization, Tapjoy drives engagement and monetization opportunities for app publishers and delivers engaged consumers to the world's biggest brand advertisers.
- With its SDK in more than 200,000 mobile apps and rendering over 400 million advertisement offers per day, Tapjoy needed a partner to help support its future growth and investment in the cloud. Tapjoy chose Equinix for this hybrid cloud deployment given Equinix's key advantages of a globally dispersed network of 100+ data centers, capacity and scalability. As an established AWS customer, Tapjoy also selected Equinix because of the connectivity options that Equinix provides for the AWS Direct Connect service, as well as Equinix's unique ability to deliver exceptional performance and maximize cost savings in the cloud.
- Tapjoy has more than 450 million monthly active users and more than 1.5 million completed ad conversions per day, and aims to augment its analytical capabilities by moving to Equinix, enabling it to parse a wealth of data to better understand what drives consumer interactions with mobile ads.
- By deploying within Equinix's Washington, D.C. data center, Tapjoy will be able to access more than 500 content and digital media companies on Platform Equinix™, as well as leading mobile service providers and ad-tech companies.
- Sean Lindsay, vice president, engineering, Tapjoy:
- "As a mobile app-tech leader, we are constantly investing in analytics to improve the quality of our products for all of our customers. Teaming with Equinix has enabled us to cut costs, expand capacity, and supercharge our data analytics for years to come."
- Karl Strohmeyer, president, Equinix Americas:
"Mobile has become a core pillar of growth in the digital advertising market and ad tech providers are seeking strategies to keep pace. Through our globally dispersed and highly networked data centers, and breadth of cloud connectivity offerings, Equinix is empowering companies like Tapjoy to be ready for what's next in mobile advertising. This includes helping them to improve data sharing for greater insights into consumer behavior and improve performance and cost efficiency of their digital ad supply chains."
As the mobile industry's leading app-tech company, Tapjoy's mission is to maximize value for app developers through ad-based monetization and industry leading analytic solutions. Tapjoy drives revenue for mobile app developers through rewarded advertising and uses data from their apps to serve the right engagement to the right user at the right moment. Tapjoy's global reach is currently more than 450MM monthly active users. Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Santa Barbara, Atlanta, Boston, London, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo. For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. http://www.equinix.com/.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such
differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.