Asia-Pacific Data Centres
Expand. Evolve. Grow on Platform Equinix ›
Gain transformative access to all your people, locations, clouds and data with our expanding global footprint.
Equinix Data Centres in Asia and Australia
The economic importance of the Asia-Pacific region has grown by leap and bound in the past few decades. Today, it is the home of three of the world’s four largest economies¹. The region is expected to remain the fastest-growing region through 2030 and by that time, it will account for 40% of the world’s GDP². And there’s no better place to enter, establish or expand your business in Asia-Pacific than with Equinix.
Features & Benefits of Equinix IBX® Data Centres
- A total of 117,000+ square metres of colocation space in Australia and Asia
- 2,100+ customers, 370+ data networks and 690+ cloud and IT service providers
- World-class reliability, physical security and operational excellence: N+1 redundancy and 99.99% uptime
- State-of-the-art colocation facilities that are certified compliant with SSAE16 and ISO/IEC 27001 standards for information security management systems
- Access to Asia’s thriving banking, commerce, manufacturing and telecommunications marketplaces
- Carrier-dense hubs and key Internet exchange points
- A commitment to energy efficiency and sustainability. We used 60%+ renewable energy across the region in 2017 and have adopted features such as indirect evaporative coolers at our Melbourne ME1 and Sydney SY4 facilities in Australia and a solar energy system that powers non-essential operations at SG3 in Singapore.
- Facilities that received Frost & Sullivan’s 2014 and 2015 Asia Pacific Data Center Green Innovation Leadership Award and the 2016, 2017 and 2018 Asia Pacific Data Center Service Provider of the Year
Discover why Equinix Asia-Pacific is at the heart of digital business. Watch video >
Meeting Demand for Interconnection
Business demands have combined with technological advances to exponentially increase what people expect from connectivity throughout Asia-Pacific and around the world.
- Companies now require on-demand, simultaneous interconnection with globally dispersed partners just to execute basic business tasks.
- Social and mobile users are accustomed to immediate, high-quality service, no matter where they are or what device they’re using.
- New technologies are connecting more people and more devices faster than ever. Smartphone penetration is expected to grow to 77% by 2025, with more than 1.4 billion and 1 billion users respectively in China and India³. And as 5G commercialisation enables smart cities and digital healthcare initiatives, the number of IoT connections will reach 25 billion globally by 2025⁴.
1 PWC 2 BMI Research 3,4 GSMA
Services Available Inside Asia-Pacific Data Centres
Based on your enterprise requirements, Equinix Performance Hub extends your presence to the edge, bringing you closer to your end users in all your important markets to enable a whole new level of global network performance. Performance Hub is built on a set of vendor-agnostic components to bring you private and secure access to major network and cloud service providers.
ECX Fabric provides direct, secure and dynamic software-defined interconnection through a single port to distributed infrastructure and digital ecosystems, locally and around Asia. This flexible, one-to-many connectivity is available across 25+ locations globally, including Tokyo, Osaka, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
Our Solution Validation Centers (SVCs) help companies deploy Interconnection Oriented Architecture™ solutions with speed and confidence. SVCs lower the risks of complex deployments by enabling organisations to first test them in a real-world setting. Our Global Solutions Architects work with customers at SVCs to quickly turn concepts into reality. Equinix operates Solution Validation Centers in five markets in Asia-Pacific, including Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong, Osaka and Tokyo.